Concrete Paving Services
For projects where durability and permanence are a priority, California Paving and Grading offers concrete paving services. Concrete is considered to be a more significantly more permanent surface than asphalt with a life span that can be indefinite.
Concrete surfaces are used when asphalt paving would not hold up or be as effective. Applications include:
- Forklift turning areas,
- Truck landing gear pads,
- Trash bin areas,
- Curbs and sidewalks,
- Drainage and storm water channels.
In these situations we recommend concrete due to the comparative “softness” of asphalt paving and the long term durability of concrete under heavy loads.
While concrete paving is generally more costly than asphalt paving, the demands placed on the surface in some situations dictate use of concrete paving making the investment cost effective.
Features and Benefits of Concrete Surfaces
- Rigid Structure holds shape with impacts.
- Typical 25 to 30 year life span
- Minimal maintenance requirement
- Easily cleanable and paint friendly
- Not impacted by weather conditions
- Heavy load bearing capabilities
- Resistant to wear and tear